Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 14th, 2009 18:00

Lost Audio -

I just realized that I have lost all audio.  I could use some help trouble shooting the issue.

I have a Dimension 9100 w/ a Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS audio card.  I run Vista Home Premium w/ SP2.  There have been no recent hardware or software additions (or removal) .

I run "Creative Diagnostics" and receive a message that the audio card cannot be found on the system.

Device Manager indicates the device is working properly.

Media Player displays and displays visualization.

Volume Mixer displays sound

I have reset the audio card on the mother board

I have reset the speaker connections

I have checked speaker with a second source 

I have checked and set speaker volume 

Power to speakers is on.

Speakers are not in "mute" mode.

I have verified that I am using the most current driver for the audio card (no change from exisiting driver).

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

September 15th, 2009 04:00

First step, uninstall the SoundBlaster in the Device Manager - RIGHT click on the SB and then LEFT click on Uninstall.  Then restart the PC and when Windows (Vista) starts it will "find new hardware" and reinstall the device.  This fixes a lot of different device problems and may take care of yours.

4 Posts

September 15th, 2009 17:00

I went through the uninstall process and restarted - I had to reload the driver. 

No change - same symptoms. 

Any other suggestions??

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

September 16th, 2009 03:00

You shouldn't have to reload the driver when you uninstall in the Device Manager (assuming you just uninstalled the device and not the drivers too).

The fact the drivers install says the card was found, so the diagnostic indication would seem to be false. 

Have you tried a headset into the front panel headset to see if you get sound there?

No Events found!