Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

November 27th, 2006 16:00

Media center problem

I have two monitors hooked to my computer and I have been using them like this since I received my XPS 700.

Last night i rearanged my computer desk and moved the monitors around. When I did this I went into my desktop properies and swapped the monitors around. When I did this everything went well with the exception of the media center.

When I open my media center now it does not disply, but it is open. If I go to the system task bar and right click on the media center and click on Maximize then it will open up. If I click the resize button in the top right corner the screen it completely disapears. Now when I click the media center in the task bar it looks like it opens but it goes off the screen to the left of the monitor, but I can not get to it. I only have two monitors installed on the system and there is not third monitor so I do not know why it is trying to go off the screen.

Does else has this problem or know how to fix it.

591 Posts

November 27th, 2006 21:00

I'd try switching back to one monitor, open media center and see what happens.  May just have to center it and then go back to 2.  Just a guess.

44 Posts

November 28th, 2006 05:00

I was able to get it working again. Not thanks to Dell support. They were baffled, but then again what's new.

I had to switch monitors back and click apply and then switch them back again and click apply again. I figured this out on my own while Dell kept putting me on hold.

3 Posts

November 8th, 2008 17:00

I've had this problem too but my solution was to switch to Clone Mode with the displays which forces all open windows onto the primary screen.  Then I was able to minimize or close the windows that had disappeared.  Then I switch back to Dual Mode and put windows where I want them again.

No Events found!