Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 3rd, 2011 09:00

Memory Upgrade Dell Dimension 1100

My computer has dual memory channel capability with two memory slots. Currently, only one slot is occupied with a 256 mb chip. I' am interested in increasing my computers speed and performance. I have tried to investigate upgrading my computer on my own but have been thoroughly confused with clock rates, motherboards etc. Can someone help me figure how much more memory my computer can efficiently utilize? Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

HERE is the Crucial Memory list for the 1100. Max is 2GB.  Crucial is recommended for non-Dell branded memory as it is guaranteed to be compatible with Dell's.  Dell PCs have a history or compatibility with some brands of memory.

I'm not sure how much upgradeability this has or even if it's worth it.  The 1100 was sold as an "entry level" PC.  You should upgrade the memory as 256 is really not enough for Windows XP, 512MB would be a better "minimum".  Other than adding another 256MB I wouldn't really do much more and put what you were going to spend towards a new PC, even an "entry level" new PC. 

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

BillyBucktails 

The maximum memory the B110/1100 supports is, 2gb [2 x 1gb modules].

For memory that's certified to work in the 1100, has a lifetime warranty and free S&H, go HERE

How to install memory in a B110/1100. 

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Bev.

No Events found!