Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 16th, 2016 04:00

Memory replacement for Inspiron 560 does not work

Hi there!

I've installed 4x Corsair DDR3 2GB memory modules. However, the computer will not start up now (it gives two beeps). 

Does anybody know what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance :) 

- Jane

2 Intern

• 

1.2K Posts

April 18th, 2016 04:00

Hi DJEEN87,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

2 beeps indicate that the system is not able to detect the RAM's.

Please try one memory module at a time on different slots and check if the system responds.

Please try to run the on-board diagnostics, and check if you receive any error. 

Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id, along with the result from the above step.

(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).

Regards,
DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell

2 Posts

April 28th, 2016 02:00

Hi everyone, 

Aksatha from Dell tried helping me, but I still don't have a solution to the problem. Maybe someone else here knows how to help out? 

A copy paste of the things we tried already:

reply on email from Akshatha M - DELL:

I have tried like you said, one memory module at a time on each different slot.

I did this with all four memory modules, all with the same result. Two beeps and pressing F12 doesn’t do anything.

What do you suggest?

Hi DJEEN87,

• Thank you for trying the steps.

Do you have an alternate memory module that you can try or a working system to check these memory modules on?

We can then isolate if just the motherboard needs replacing or if the memory modules needs replacing.

Regards,
    DELL-Akshatha M
    #IWork4Dell

• The computer still works fine with the original 4x 1GB memory modules that came with it, so the motherboard works fine.

This is obviously a compatibility issue and the question is why these 2GB memory modules are not compatible with the Dell Inspiron 560 motherboard.
    The specifications  clearly state that a 8GB memory configuration is possible: static.highspeedbackbone.net/.../Dell%20570%20Inspiron%20Desktop%20PC%20Data%20Sheet.pdf
  • Hi DJEEN87,

Can you send us a photo of the sticker on the memory modules?

Regards,
    DELL-Akshatha M
    #IWork4Dell

• These are the ones I got: 4launch.nl/.../075931-Corsair-VS2GB1333D3-1x2GB,-DDR3,-1333MHz,-CL9

I know its a Dutch site but you can see what I ordered.

No Events found!