Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 14th, 2009 11:00

Microphone only one speaker?

Okay,  I recently just bought a Dell PC with Vista. I have notice that my Microphone and my musical instruments are only coming out of one speaker. On my old PC which was XP my Microphone and my musical instruments came out of both speakers. Every since I upgraded to VIsta my Mic has only come out of speaker. Is their anyway of getting the my mic out of both speakers.

Things i have tried:

Speaker Balance is fine
Trying Differernt Mic
Upgrade sound drivers
uninstalling and reinstalling sound drivers.

59 Posts

July 14th, 2009 13:00

In Control Panel click on Sound. Double click on Speakers. Click on Levels and chack your settings. Also click on Enhancementsand make necessary adjustments. Click on Properties to check to see if the device is working properly. Click Apply and OK.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

July 14th, 2009 13:00

What model PC? 

Plug a headset into either the front panel Headphone jack or the rear GREEN speaker jack and see if you get sound in both ears.  If you do, the problem is in your speakers, not the PC.

2 Posts

July 14th, 2009 16:00

When I plug in my headphones I still get the same problems. I don't know what else to try.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

July 14th, 2009 16:00

What model PC?

If the PC is still under warranty, and I assume it is, best to call Dell Support.  If there is a hardware problem only Dell can get it fixed for you under warranty. 

No Events found!