Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 5th, 2015 05:00

Missing AMD Catalyst Control Center?

Hi

I have been having some problem with my monitor connected to a Dell 8100 64bit system inasfar as most of the time it only shows DisplayPort No Signal.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19621415

After having made several successful test runs with an alternate monitor using DVI among others, my standard monitor still will not work. I have come to the conclusion that the ongoing problem may be due to the missing AMD Catalyst CC (AMD Radeon HD 5770 video card) which seemingly has disappeared. Consequently, I am unable to configure the display options. The original DP cable has been replaced, indicentally.

Any help you may be able to afford is highly appreciated.

LilBill

42 Posts

March 5th, 2015 14:00

See at the end

5.2K Posts

March 5th, 2015 09:00

You should first re-install the video driver. Are there no other video connections on the monitor except Display Port?

42 Posts

March 5th, 2015 09:00

Thank you, KirkD. So first remove and then re-install video driver. Apart from DisplayPort there is HDMI, DVI and VGA. VGA, however, is not available on my Dell 8100. Yesterday, I tried HDMI, DVI and VGA (with an adapter). None of these connexions was successful on my standard monitor (the one showing the No Signal message most of the time), DVI, on the other hand, worked fine on the alternate monitor I am using right now. By the way, when I restarted the 8100 this morning, the normal screen appeared and the standard monitor except that resolution was not correct. I have not been able to reproduce this situation. LilBill

No Events found!