Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 24th, 2009 23:00

Missing CAB-200 hub (SD reader not working)

So, I went to upload some photos today and nothing happened when I put the SD card in my I:drive.  I then started searching the Dell site for a solution & I found that my CAB-200 hub is not listed on the device manager (however, there is an unknown device in its place?). I can't find the download to fix my computer. If anyone can help, I'd love to hear from you. I have a  XPS 420 with Windows Vista.

Thank You,

Erika  :emotion-5:

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 25th, 2009 04:00

Hi, Erika:

Normally, the USB drivers are part of the chipset drivers. This is the latest chipset driver for your system   . Try installing that and let me know if you are still having problems.

1.3K Posts

December 25th, 2009 06:00

The "Drivers and Firmware" downloads are at the link below. Expand CD/DVD,

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&ServiceTag=&SystemID=DIM_PNT_9200_XPS_420&os=WLH&osl=en&catid=&impid=

There were issues with the cable to the Card Readers, so if the driver install does not correct the problem, check the connections at the drive and motherboard.

7 Posts

December 25th, 2009 17:00

Wow! You guys are both so wonderful to take time out of your Christmas to help me out with my computer problems. After spending a little over 2 hours trying to resolve the problem myself last night and countless restarts I gave up for the time being. I just turned my computer back on & decided to give the SD reader a try.... to my surprise, it is now working. (I'm not complaining :emotion-1:)  Not only is my CAB-200 port back, but there is no more "unknown device" in the list either. I am definitely keeping both your responses as they may come in handy in the future! Again, thank you!

~Erika~

PS...Now if anyone has any ideas as to how to get rid of the BTTray error msg (ERROR: Unable to start Bluetooth stack service) that comes up a few minutes after startup & peridocially throughout my computer session, I'm all ears!

No Events found!