Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

June 29th, 2011 21:00

My Dell Downloads Stuck at "Examining my computer please wait" (Fixed)

While troubleshooting this issue, I came across multiple different forum post concerning this issue. Although this may not be the solution for everyone, it may help some.

My situation:

New PC formated without backing up recovery.

Flashed BIOS and Installed Win 7 Ult.

Tried multiple times and ways to D/L Dell Stage Software from My Dell Downloads - Stuck at "Examining my computer please wait"

What worked for me.

Hours of TS later (Much on the phone with Dell (No Help). They even wanted to charge me $150 for premium support. When I refused to pay, tech hung up on me.

I found that the Service Tag number was not displaying in BIOS.
There was an option to enter it.
After I did that, I retried Dell Downloads and it worked. 

This probably happened after I flashed the new BIOS on the New PC.

You still must use Internet Explorer and Updated 3.0  .net 

1 Message

May 30th, 2013 08:00

how did you rewrite your service tag in the BIOS ? i think thats my problem too, but i have no idea how to do it :emotion-7:

June 17th, 2013 17:00

I had to go into the BIOS and add a Asset Tag in and then it worked.  The service tag showed just fine on mine.  This was a brand new machine out of the box that only had just been through the initial setup before I went to the download site.

1 Message

May 10th, 2014 13:00

Greetings

I am in no way a computer expert, but I have been using them for 20+ years. I have never

been so annoyed with the performance and on going issues w/the software/hardware.

I've registered my computer w/Dell and completed required tasks. Yet, I still hit a wall. I sent my service

tag, and  express service code. At the risk of sounding out of touch w/new tech, what is a bio. Is it an

acronym?  Also, are you having any problems w/printing? "another story"

Thanks for the info

Anne

No Events found!