Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

March 7th, 2016 06:00

My Inspiron One 2330 tries to do the automatic startup repair everytime it reboots. And it won't complete the online diagnostics...

I can get it to start eventually but not before I have to let it try to do the startup repair and fail and then I can usually tell it to ignore unsigned drivers and it will then start. (I have no clue why this is the option that works its just one that I tried.) So I got online and tried to do the Dell diagnostics and it gives me a generic error message. This is the one I got when it tried to install the SupportAssist:

There was a problem with the diagnostics application. Please restart your computer and try again or reinstall the latest version of the application.

So I manually installed it off the Dell website and tried to do the quick test from the Dell diagnostics again and this is the message I got: ×

A problem has been detected , please try again

.... yeah there's a problem...... diagnostics program???

Recently upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 but computer was fine for a while with upgrade

March 9th, 2016 20:00

Hi Pisces_Dragon

Thanks for writing to us. 

Could you please run the diagnostics outside windows. i.e log onto the f12 menu and then select diagnostics. 

Do let us know the outcome of the test. 

Was the issue there on windows 7 as well? 

Regards

March 10th, 2016 22:00

Hi,
We are awaiting your response still.
Regards

March 15th, 2016 02:00

sorry for the delayed response...

The first time the issue occurred was outside windows. It was during a reboot. Some of the options I could choose from were in regards to how I wanted windows to load. and no it is a new problem I have noticed after the upgrade to Windows 10

March 16th, 2016 20:00

Hi Nice to hear from you.
Don't know how feasible it will be, but could you go back to windows 7 and observe.
How about the diagnostics outside windows from f12 menu?

1 Message

March 16th, 2016 21:00

A related question, I can't seem to access the diagnostics screen in my Dell inspiron series. Is it only available in newer ones?

March 16th, 2016 22:00

Hi Maniprince,
Thanks for writing to us.
F12 diagnostics is embedded onto all Dell motherboards from the oldest to the newest model.
You can try do a power cycle by removing the power cable, hold down the power button for 10 secs and try again. Upon start immediately keep tapping on f12 and select diagnostics from the menu. if you are using a wireless keyboard, then try via wired keyboard.

Regards

March 17th, 2016 23:00

Hi We are awaiting your response.

March 18th, 2016 00:00

Hi,
Should you have any queries feel free to open a new thread.
Have a good one.

No Events found!