Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 24th, 2017 17:00

My computer won’t power on

I have an Inspiron 15 5000 series with an intel core i7 processor. It would not power on earlier today, so I assumed that it was dead, but once I plugged it up to the charger nothing happened. I tried taking out the battery and putting it back in after holding down the power button for 30 seconds but that didn’t work. I still have the charger in the computer and the little light on my computer is on but my screen is black and the computer is not making any noise. Please help!!!

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

October 25th, 2017 07:00

Thank you for your message.

Please disconnect the power cord & remove the battery, press & hold down the power button for 30 seconds as you did earlier.

Check if the light on the ac adapter is on when connected to the power source &check if the light on the adapter stays on when connected to the notebook.

What is the status of the light on the power button, if the light steady or blinking?

For my reference, please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

October 25th, 2017 19:00

Thank you for your help. It turns out the charger port was messed up, but I got it fixed!!

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

October 26th, 2017 10:00

Glad to know that this has been resolved.

Appreciate your patience. Feel free to reach out to us if you need any assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

No Events found!