Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 4th, 2013 09:00

My inspiron 2320 did an update and now Black screen

I have an all in one and I have had this issue before but this time it did nothing. The last time I clicked F12 and it did a system check and came back and said that the windows update failed or something like that but it fixed the issue. NOW it did not work...I work from home and this is such a PAIN!!!! I am losing money and just don't know what to do. Can't do to much due to the black screen..

PLEASE HELP! 

KB

1.5K Posts

June 4th, 2013 10:00

Hi KB,

I can understand that it can be frustrating when system does not work as desired. You may try draining the residual charge from the system and check if it boots. Here are the steps:

• Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer including the AC Adapter.
  • Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.
  • Reconnect the AC Adapter. Try to restart the computer and check functionality.

If the issue still persist, try booting the system to BIOS or Safe Mode and check if you get the display.

Steps to boot to BIOS:

• Restart the system and immediately start tapping the 'F2' key to enter the 'BIOS Setup'.
  • System will boot to BIOS setup.

Steps to boot to Safe Mode:

• Restart the system and immediately start tapping the 'F8' key to enter the 'Windows Advanced Option Menu'.
  • Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking and press the Enter key.

If the system boots fine to these BIOS or Safe Mode, perform diagnostics to confirm hardware functionality. Here are the steps:

• Restart the system and immediately start tapping the 'F12' key to enter the 'Boot Menu'.
  • Use the 'Down Arrow' key to highlight the 'Diagnostics' option. Press the 'Enter' key.
  • The diagnostics will begin. Please note the exact error message/code, if any appears on the screen.

Please reply with the results.

No Events found!