Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 1st, 2015 17:00

NIC

Hi,

just formatted and re installed Windows and as a side note I've seen this on more than one OptiPlex 960.

After installing the NIC driver, the NIC shows as a 3 GB NIC instead of 1 GB. It is the same NIC driver I've had and worked before. I just downloaded the NIC from the web site again and removed the old NIC and installed the downloaded NIC. Same problem.

Any idea's?

thank you

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

July 1st, 2015 20:00

Version of Windows?

If you reformatted and reinstalled, did you install the chipset driver as the very first driver after loading the OS? Without the chipset, some drivers won't install or won't work properly.

7 Posts

July 1st, 2015 21:00

I'll give it a shot in the morning

7 Posts

July 2nd, 2015 13:00

The NIC is working. I still show the following item with an exclamation mark after installing the following items:

Intel_825xx_gigabit-platform_a6_r29083.exe

drvr_win_r257446.exe

r228255.exe

not sure what else I need. Do you know what else I need

Thank you

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

Sorry, I'm confused...

I don't understand which item is marked with a ! or which ones you installed...

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

And you still haven't said what version of Windows you're running.

7 Posts

July 2nd, 2015 14:00

Sorry I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and it's the PCI Simple Communication Controller

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

July 2nd, 2015 16:00

That's part of the chipset drivers.

Did you install these:

1. Intel Chipset Driver
  2. Intel AMT HECI Chipset Driver
  3. Intel ME5 Host Embedded Controller Interface Driver
  4. Intel AMT SOL/LMS Driver

Install in order listed. Keep in mind that many Intel drivers may only unzip themselves when you double-click the downloaded file. So make note of the folder where each is unzipped and then navigate to that folder and double-click setup.exe to install, if the driver doesn't install itself automatically from the downloaded file.

And you may need to install Microsoft's .net Framework 2.0 (or higher version) in order to install the AMT HECI chipset. So if it won't install, make sure you install  the "dot.nets" which you can find at Microsoft's site.

7 Posts

July 2nd, 2015 17:00

OK I'll try it in this order. Just a side note. I have about 10 or 15 of these systems and I've rebuilt them several times from scratch and never had to go through the installation of the drivers in a specific order.

Thank you for your help

No Events found!