Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 14th, 2016 22:00

NVIDIA Display settings are not available.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver of graphic card for several times ( GTX geforce 960). I even updated to the newest version on NVIDIA , but I still cannot open NVIDIA Control Panel. Any idea? please help.

1.2K Posts

November 16th, 2016 22:00

Can you please confirm the monitor is connected to a discrete graphics card port.

1.2K Posts

November 14th, 2016 23:00

do you have the monitor connected to the card?

November 15th, 2016 07:00

I checked it, and it still working , but I just cant open Nvidia control panel.

November 15th, 2016 15:00

Greetings,
Thank you for writing to us.
Clean all traces of earlier drivers. Restart the system and install Nvidia older driver without GeForce Experience.

Go to your operating system drive's "temp" folder. (C:/Windows/temp).
If there is a folder entitled "NVIDIA Corporation," delete it, and then reboot your computer.
Remove DisplayLink driver if installed and check.

Try the steps below if the above steps doesn't work:
STEP 1: Make sure all nvidia services are running. To do so the posts above do just that.
STEP 2: open task manager. go to processes. check "show all processes from all users".
STEP 3: sort processes by name. find nvidia section.
STEP 4: click Nvidia control panel icon on desktop (if its not on your desktop you can find it in you control panel under "hardware and sound".
STEP 5: when you click the icon watch for nvcplui or another nvidia process to appear in processes (it wont last long so you have to be sort of quick, but you have plenty of tries).
STEP 6: once you are able to find the process right click and open file location. under "nvplui" application right click and run as admin.
Confirm if this helps.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

November 15th, 2016 16:00

Always include the PC model and version of Windows in your posts.

Your PC probably has 2 sets of video ports since you have the add-in video card. As Dan-H suggested, make sure the monitor is connected to the add-in card and not to one of the onboard video ports.

Assuming this isn't a laptop, the video card's ports are probably located near the bottom of the PC's back panel, and the onboard ports will be nearer the middle of the back panel.

November 17th, 2016 18:00

youre my man, bro. thanks you so much.

No Events found!