Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 21st, 2010 05:00

Need assistance with Video hookup on recently aquired Dimension 4600 with N1707 Video Card

I was just given a Dimension 4600 desktop that has a N1707 video card installed in it.  I don't know what cables I need to properly hook this up to my VGA monitor.  Could anyone give me some guidance?  I attempted to get some info from the Dell upgrades and parts area but no info was available.  I noted there is a video connection on the mother board portion on the back of the CPU but it has a plug in it as though to say to use the other video card.  I would appreciate any assistance or guidance you could provide!

From what I have gotten so far, the N1707 video card is some type of TV tuner.  I will explore that later.  My main need at this point is the hookup to the monitor.  I haven't even gotten to the point of installing an OS since the HD is wiped clean for quite obvious reasons.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Lilbird

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 21st, 2010 07:00

Doing a google search, it turns out this is the ATI Radeon 9000 "All in Wonder" all in one card.  It was an option with this PC, not standard.

HERE is the info from the ATI site.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

March 21st, 2010 08:00

There is only one type of cable that is going to work with a VGA monitor. It's the one with male 15-pin VGA connectors on both ends. Very common. If you don't have it, it is very easy to buy one at Target, etc.

However, if your monitor has DVI input and you have the PRO version of the video card with DVI-I output, then that would be the one I would use. These cables are a bit more expensive than the VGA cable.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

2 Posts

March 29th, 2010 03:00

Thank you for the response!  It looks like I was premature on my post.  I looked into this all further and I am going to need to get all the drivers before I go further.  Thank you anyhow.!

No Events found!