Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 25th, 2007 11:00

Need help with video out?

I have a XPS 420 with ATI theater 650pro
Can anyone tell me if you can use this to send video out?? I would like to send video to 2 T.V.sets in
the house in addition to my dell monitor when im running "Windows Media Center"
I checked online and some Dell help pages but all i could find was a Windows Media Extender??
But that it says you have to have a network . I don`t need more P.Cs  Just want the video.
Im good on the sound out with a mini jack splitter and then through my AV receiver.
Any Ideas???

1.3K Posts

December 27th, 2007 08:00

Eischman

I thought the ATI Theater Pro was for video input, like a tuner. It uses the PCI bus to stream the video while the PCIe graphics card carries that signal to the source.

I could be dead wrong, but that is the way I understand it. So the bottom line is that you would use one graphics card DVI out to television(s) and one DVI out to monitor.

Are we on the same page?

MD

10 Posts

December 28th, 2007 23:00

Ya, The instructions for the ATI say "Input" but i thought someone might know if you could
use it for output also?? If I can`t I am lost on how to get video to multi TV sets??

14 Posts

December 29th, 2007 21:00

Hi  i need some advice, I just got a PC  game for christmas.  the game itself starts out great when i get to a certain point  heres where it gets weird.  the graphics are half color and half "whiteout"  to me its alittle bit odd  since all of my other PC  games played beautifully. i cant take back the game cds   to walmart,  any help or advice  is greatly appreciated btw  i have a dell  dimension 3000  runnining on WINXP home version

sandy

Message Edited by SANDY028601 on 12-29-2007 05:58 PM
No Events found!