Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

September 14th, 2005 18:00

New Dimension 3000 Non-Functional

I recieved my new Dimension 3000 last Thursday. I set it up, and the system refused to boot past some " Windows 95" manufacturing tools menu. I called tech support. They said I had a bad motherboard and they would send me a new one to install. I suggested that a tech may want to come and do this as this is a new system. Support agreed, and said a tech would contact me.
 I had to call again yesterday (Tuesday), because a tech did not call me. This time I was told a tech would be here on Wednesday. Here it is Wednesday, and still no tech, not even a phone call.
 I know, that if a tech does come out to replace the motherboard, he will have to return at a later date to replace the hard drive that has the wrong image on it. 
 What kind of Final Test is run on these systems and who is responsible for following up with the CUSTOMER to make sure the proper support has been provided?
 I paid upfront for a new system. Now, the system I will end up with is going to be a repaired system.
 I wonder if I buy the rest of my computers from Dell. I wonder if anyone I talk to will buy a Dell system..

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

September 14th, 2005 18:00

wired2me.

Try opening the case and unplugging and reseating all the cables, memory and [if any] PCI cards. 
If this does not correct the problem, then contact Dell and request a replacement system ASAP, under Dell's "Complete Satisfaction" policy. 
It is not unreasonable to expect a computer to work correctly straight out of the box.

Bev.  
No Events found!