Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 27th, 2010 05:00

New Optiplex 380 Grahpics card problems

Not a great start, took me the last 30 to get a account working on here as my other no longer works

Received a brand new Optiplex 380 with Windows 7 on, firstly needed to re attach the hard drive fan which was hanging off

Need to downgrade to XP, now Ive tried 3 times to get XP running and cant get the graphics card driver installed 

Its listed as a Intel G41Express

When running the driver install i received errors " Entry Point not found CreateEventExA could not be located in the library"

Followed by QueryFullProcessImageNameA  & Failed to start becase dxgi.dll was not found

Then I get errors at startup about missing dxgi.dll and igfxdev

Anyone know how to fix, I cant get G41 Express drivers from intel

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 27th, 2010 06:00

We do not have any XP drivers for the PC model. You can try this one from another PC model.

2 Posts

January 27th, 2010 06:00

Phew that worked, thankyou very much 

Will there ever be a official driver, we as a business are not looking to move to Windows 7 yet

I assume I could run into this issue on most of the new Dell optiplex range ?

1 Message

August 6th, 2010 15:00

i am having the same issue with a Latitude E6400. is there a similiar fix for this? we are in the same boat in that operationally we are not prepared to go to Win7 until SP1 is released.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

August 6th, 2010 16:00

rsaria

Best section to post this in, would be the Laptop forum HERE, this is for Desktop Hardware.

Bev.

November 23rd, 2010 14:00

Phew that worked, thankyou very much 

Will there ever be a official driver, we as a business are not looking to move to Windows 7 yet

I assume I could run into this issue on most of the new Dell optiplex range ?

Thanks for your analysis! Now I got it.
No Events found!