Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 2nd, 2013 17:00

New Powercolor Radeon 6570 not working with Dell Inspiron 620

I have the normal 620 not the slim. I purchased a 6570 followed the instructions and my computer turns on, then looks like it goes into sleep mode or something similar. All 3 fans come on and stay on. The orange light on the motherboard is on also. I have never opened the case to this computer and it is only 2 years old. If I push the power button when it is in this stage the computer shuts off. 

At no point does my monitor get a signal from my Video Card. I have done the following:

- removed the on board graphics

-installed new drivers for Video Card

- Updated my BIOS from version A04 to A10

- Checked for compatibility between motherboard and Video Card

- My BIOS has no option to select PCIe slots as primary

-I have located the jumper and recet the mother boards codes

- I have removed the Motherboard battery and let sit for 5 minutes

-Tried using HDMI as well as VGA

- I Removed 1 stick of Ram, 1 fan, and all unnecessary USB's and still didn't start up.

It is like the computer won't make it past a certain logic phase on startup and decides to just sit in a weird standby. As soon as I remove the card the computer starts up like normal. I have heard of numerous people running these cards on their computers with 250W PSUs with no problem and I have 300W.

Please help as It always seems to be an issue when I buy something I really want.

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

October 2nd, 2013 22:00

I wonder if the card is bad or incompatible? I'll think this over, but you've done everything I would, apart from trying a different video card.

I installed a Sapphire 6570 in an OptiPlex GX620 SFF and it works a treat, so I doubt this is an issue with the power supply.

No Events found!