Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

December 26th, 2006 02:00

New ProView 19" LCD monitor now no sound from my other speakers Dell Dimension 3000

W purchased a new ProView monitor LCD widescreen for our Dell Dimension 3000. our old 15"lcd monitor had the strip speaker on it. this new monitor does not have any speakers but i do have 4 dell speakers and a subwoofer. the monitor has volume up and down but it isnt activating my sound for soem reason.... also this new monitor has only a power plug and a blue video plug ( no audio plug)... will this monitor work on this Dell with Sound or not? and if yes how do i plug speakers into system to make monitor volume work without the monitor speakers? any help please this mon itor was a Christmas gift and the disply will not go to 1400X900 like it says only like 100x640 does not even have the 1400 setting on it.but pixels are clear and are satifyable to me....just the sound issue i need to resolve ASAP please anyone who may assist me my email is foreman1172@mchsi.com thanks

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 26th, 2006 09:00

It apparently does not have built in speakers, like most monitors.  You will have to connect and use your other speakers.  If it worked with the speaker connection to the old monitors speakers then your sound card, etc are OK and sounds like your speaker system is not set up correctly.

1 Rookie

• 

3.9K Posts

December 26th, 2006 14:00

The resolution limits of you monitor are due to your video adapter cannot support the max resolution of your new LCD.

Your speakers will need to be connected to the tower output (Green jack) & the speaker settings will need to be adjusted to the new speaker configuration in control panel

3 Posts

December 26th, 2006 20:00

The problem is this... my old lcd 15 incxh monitor has the strip speakers and VOLUME control on the old monitor.... the new 19" has no volume control on it...i have no way of turning the speakers on/off/up/down.......the speakers i have are external and ran thru the monitor speakers for on/off/up/down/.....im thinking i just need to return this monitor and get one with speakers and audio jacks.

1 Rookie

• 

3.9K Posts

December 27th, 2006 01:00

Dell makes AS501PA speakers for that monitor
No Events found!