Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 18th, 2008 19:00

New computer To big screen Tv connection problems

Hello

I have a dimension e310. Its stock  no frills at all.   But the problem i am having is i also have a dell xps 400 big memory and i think navidia gaming card.   on the old xps i simply had the computer running 2 screens. The left screen was the main with all of the programs. but i was able to drag like windows media player to the right screen and watch dvds on it.  then i bought a splitter installed it in the right screens cable. with the addition of a 70 ft. cord i transported the signal to another adapter which converted the signal to s-video and was able to display the screen on a dell mp2300 projector.   the projecter and the right screen displayed the same image. k

now heres the problem.  My projecter broke. so i took the cable and adapters off of the xps 400 and hooked them up to the e310  and instead of a projecter i hooked them up to a zenith big screen Tv.   Now the e310 has a stock vga out put.  and it is in the left and only screen.  so i have the same cables and adapters. I think the same vga out put all vga should be the same i think.  The adapter signals end up being s-video. now all s-video signals are the same i think.   But when connected The Tv goes from standard no signal black to snow and jumping lines.    The computer screen goes to a greenish tent and shadows everything making it hard to read.  

I have tried to adjust all the setting from 1 way to the other like herts colors bit rate, recycle rate and nothing makes a difference. 

is there any way to adjust this or am i wrong in thinking that all signals should be the same.  It has proven to work on the xps but not the e310.  mabey its the card or the tv

any information i can suppply to help to make this not so confusing just ask  

any help would be apprecitated.  

thanks

6 Posts

September 19th, 2008 13:00

what socket on the TV are you using ? can it be configured from the TV remote for different signal types ?

2 Posts

September 19th, 2008 17:00

The TV is a 1994 model zenith projection tv.  It has lots of plugs on the back.  like  2 rca and video ins.  it has a s-video in and 2 cable ins.   the remote i have for the tv controls most of the functions. i can get to the source screen and choose the IN i want. but thats about all the adjustments on the tv i have found.  Now i dont have the orginal remote or manual for the tv. The tv has pic in a pic but no button on the remote to control it or turn it on.  so i may not be able to access all the functions of the tv. 

the tv should work but i am new to the signal types and frequencys. 

No Events found!