Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 30th, 2015 13:00

No audio, Dell Dimension 4400

I know this is an old best but I use the computer to run some programs that run better in XP than on the W7 computer I have.

Problem is, I had to do a fresh install of XP and I have no sound.  I have read articles where if a fresh install is done of XP that the chipset has to be reinstalled.

But I can find no chipset download on Dell that will work with my computer.  The only chipset download on Dell is version A08 and Dell has told me that the latest version that will work on my computer is A06.

Also, since this computer has only USB 1.1 and I have installed a Sabrent USB 2 PCI card could someone tell me how to get sound back on the computer.  Thanks. 

June 30th, 2015 21:00

Hi kemperhills,

Welcome to the Dell Community Forum,

Please re-install all the drivers required from the Dell's support site here http://dell.to/1HtwZ6n you can check for all listed drivers on Device manager and install the Chipset, Video, Audio and Network drivers accordingly.

Hope this helped.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

July 2nd, 2015 09:00

Analog Devices AD1885 Integrated Audio, v. 5.12.01.3508, A19 View details

27 Posts

July 2nd, 2015 12:00

Downloaded and installed the analog device, still no sound.  Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

July 2nd, 2015 18:00

There is no one size fits all fix for all models all cards.

You did not install chipset drivers.  You also did not say what OS you are using or what revision or what service pack level.

The onboard Audio is not the right driver if you have a PCI sound card installed.

The onboard audio can be enabled or disabled in bios.

Enabling onboard audio when a sound card is installed can make 100 percent of all audio not working.

27 Posts

July 2nd, 2015 21:00

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate, but since my last post the problem has been solved.  Thanks again.

No Events found!