Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 1st, 2013 06:00

No "Dell Facotry Image Restore" on new T3600

I have a new T3600, second one with this condition, and in looking to make sure there was an installed Factory Image to restore to I do not find one as it is missing from the "System Recovery Options".  Operating system is a Win7-64Bit

As it appears Dells no longer come with Media any more and the PC did not come with Backup software, as I have had in the past, what is the means of restoring a PC to its original condition?

Under Disk Management I do see a Recovery Partition which shows as "Healthy" so it appers there is something there but not sure if it has the image and if so how it is accessed.  Again this is a brand new PC just out of the Box so nothing, other than connecting it to a Domain, has been done to it.

Not sure the next step so as to make sure this PC can be restored to its Factory Image in the future should something happen.

4 Operator

• 

3.7K Posts

April 1st, 2013 06:00

Hi, Have you seen this Dell support journal HERE, or click on my green sig and order a disc if you live in the US.

1 Message

December 30th, 2014 05:00

Having this same issue, was there ever a solution?

Thanks.

December 30th, 2014 11:00

GOOGLE QUERY: "windows 7 iso digital river"

These are retail installation media you can download and use to reinstall your copy of Windows 7 that came with your PC. The file is in the .ISO format which is a digital replica of a disc, you have prepare it after downloading it:

Download the corresponding edition of Windows 7 you have a license for from the following link. You can identify the edition on COA sticker attached to your machine, with at bottom or battery compartment (laptop) or top/side if its a desktop computer.

COA Certificate of Authenticity:

http://www.microsoft.com/howtotell/content.aspx?pg=coa

What is the Windows Certificate of Authenticity?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-is-the-Windows-Certificate-of-Authenticity

Windows 7 Home Premium (x86) - 32 bit

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) - 64 bit

Windows 7 Professional (x86) - 32 bit

Windows 7 Professional (x64) - 64 bit

Windows 7 Ultimate (x86)* - 32 bit

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)* - 64 bit

No Events found!