Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 5th, 2003 03:00

Nvidia Geforce 2 MX and TV Out (clone mode)

Has anyone got the Geforce 2 MX and nvidia drivers to work in clone mode on a Dell Dimension 4400 and their TV?  I can get the TV to work by itself, however, I cannot get TrueView or Clone to even become enabled.  Any help is appreciated.  Thank you in advance for all of your wonderfull help and knowledge.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 5th, 2003 11:00

wisconsinite,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum (DCF).
Download and reinstall your video card drivers. Click here for the VIDEO CARD DRIVER FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).

* Power off the computer and the TV
* Re-connect the S-VIDEO cable between the computer and the TV. Make sure there are no other devices in between, such as a VCR or a switchbox
****The TV must be on before the computer boots up***
* Power on the TV, change the TV channel to input, aux, video or line 1 or 2 (whatever the S-VIDEO is for your TV)
* Power on the computer
* Right click the desktop
* Click Properties
* Click the Settings tab
* Click the Advanced button
* Click the GeForce or nView tab
* On the left, click nView Display Mode
* Click the Device Settings button
* Click Select Output Device
* Choose TV (S-VIDEO)
* Click Apply-OK-OK-OK

Message Edited by DELL-ChrisM on 02-05-2003 07:43 AM

February 6th, 2003 00:00

DELL-ChrisM,

Thank you for the suggestions, however, I've tried this and it still doesn't work.

Power on the computer
* Right click the desktop
* Click Properties
* Click the Settings tab
* Click the Advanced button
* Click the GeForce or nView tab
* On the left, click nView Display Mode
* Click the Device Settings button
* Click Select Output Device
* Choose TV (S-VIDEO)

I do not have the nView Display Mode on the left.  Is there anything else.  I'm using nvidia's driver 40.72.

Thanks.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 6th, 2003 11:00

wisconsinite,

Try backing down to the 30.82 drivers.

February 7th, 2003 02:00

I have a friend who purchased the same system I did 2 weeks later.  He downloaded 40.72 and everything works great for him.  He gets the cloning function working,etc.  I on the other hand can get the TV to work if I use 30.82 or below, but cloning  or dualview is not an option.  Same Identical machines, however, I'm very frustrated with my Dell.  I've tried every version of the Nvidia that they have.  Can someone from Dell Corp. please respond? 

February 7th, 2003 18:00

Try right clicking anywhere on your desktop and see if nview is listed right above 'Properties'.  It is on my 8100.

February 7th, 2003 19:00

I do have a nview properties button.  But there is nowhere that I can see on how to setup nview so that the display goes to both my monitor and tv.

8 Posts

June 7th, 2003 20:00

I have exactly the same problem, and I have not been able to find a solution. Does your story have a happy ending? If so please share it with me.

June 8th, 2003 13:00

Yes, I finally do have a happy ending. 

After about 20+ hours on the phone will Dell support and talking to Dell Support Upper Management, they sent me a completely different video card.  Half of Dell support will say that they support cloning on this card, half of them will say they do not.  Don't believe them and don't take their %rap.  Stand your ground and demand (nicely) what you want from them.  If you don't get it, keep working your way up the Management ladder.

Hope this helps you.

8 Posts

June 17th, 2003 19:00

Thanks for sharing the ending of your story. ChrisM should be made aware of this. I have been batteling this problem since 2/03. Based on ChrisM suggestions I tried every single driver version for this card on the nvidia site and failed. Can you be kind enough to share the names of some of the people you spoke to in support especially the one that finally authorized a new card to be sent to you. Since they are aware of the problem perhaps I can save time jaw jacking on the phone. Knowing what brand card they sent you could also help. thanks again.

8 Posts

July 6th, 2003 18:00

can you tell me to whom you spoke that had the guts to accept responsibility for their screw up. the type of card they sent you would be helpful.
vence

April 4th, 2004 20:00

Now that I see how aggravating and common this cloning problem is I don't feel so stupid.  I have used the twinview tab before and cloned my screen now the tab is missing.  Does anyone know how to get it back?  This is very frustrating.
No Events found!