Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 24th, 2016 13:00

OC C2D 3.0

Hello, I have Dell 760 with 775 socket, my first question is, can I upgrade my c2d to quad core? 0M858N-Motherboard model, chipset q43/q45, bios version A16.

My second question is, can I overclocked e8400 intel, becouse my Bios is not classic, I can't overclock processor from bios(I mean that is locked motherboard, I don't know..) But Can I overclock with programs ? If you can't write here, say me in to 'box. Thanks everyone. 

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

October 25th, 2016 07:00

Hi SasaBa,

The motherboard would have to be replaced to upgrade the processor. You might have to upgrade the power supply as well.

Motherboard and Processor are the 2 most expensive components on a computer. In addition, you would be upgrading the memory, operating system and possibly, the power supply. I would suggest that you consider a new system as it might work out cheaper and would also get you the latest technology.

The following processors have been tested by Dell for Optiplex 760 and are the available options:

The following processors have been tested by Dell for Optiplex 760 and are the available options:

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

October 25th, 2016 07:00

You cant overclock.

Quad Core requires specific chassis size and heatsink etc.

Clock speed does not contribute to overall system performance thats the MHz myth.

2 Posts

October 26th, 2016 11:00

Thaks, are you sure that I can upgrade my processor to this quad from list?

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

October 26th, 2016 13:00

You can not just upgrade the processor, please see the posts above.  Thanks.

No Events found!