A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 3rd, 2016 02:00

OPTIPLEX NOT BOOTING

Hello,

I have an optiplex 7010 (expired warranty) which is not booting :

No leds on, No bips, and when I plug the AC Cable => Fans on my motherboard run 3 sec then they stop, few seconds after they run and 3 sec after they stop (and so on).

I have tried with no hard drive, no ram, no graphic card, the only thing that are connected are : motherboard + CPU + power supply. 

When i push the check button at the bottom of the power supply, 'its' led stay on and FANS runs (until i stop to push this button)

I Hope you will have the solution :)

Thanks

JABBAHUTT

2K Posts

June 4th, 2016 06:00

Hi JABBAHUTT,

You have tried most steps required to isolate the issue. Based on your description, we can confirm that the PSU is working fine, as the psu test button seems to pass power to the machine.

Reseat the ATX and 12v connectors and check.

Download the service manual - http://dell.to/1KANLk6 and remove the I/O cable - plug in the power cable to the machine and see if it comes on automatically. If it comes on and posts, then the issue is with the IO cable. If not, the issue is with the motherboard.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 7th, 2016 01:00

Hello,

1 => Reseat the ATX and 12v connectors and check : NOTHING CHANGE

2 => remove the I/O cable - plug in the power cable to the machine and see if it comes on automatically : NOTHING CHANGE, Fans try to run (2 sec) but stop then they run (2 sec) then they stop, and so on.

The motherboard seems to be the issue.

- Is that a well known issue on this type of dell ? (optiplex 7010) 

- What can i do to resolve ? is there no solution that change the motherboard ? where can i buy a new one for this kind of pc ?

Thanks

JABBAHUTT

2K Posts

June 7th, 2016 11:00

Hi JABBAHUTT,

Thank you for the update.

Based on your description, I  suspect the motherboard to have failed. 

If the system is under warranty, write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email). If there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!