Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 11th, 2014 11:00

OptiPlex GX520 Tower fan hood/housing removal

I've got a fan that had a loud pulsating hum to it. I pulled the fan out of the hood/housing, blew on it with a computer vac and now it has a quieter/less irritating shrill whir to it. I think I got it back in with those irritating rubber spacers that connect the fan to the hood/housing. I also have a dead one that may have a perfectly fine fan/housing. I would like to move the entire housing instead of dealing with those rubber spacers again. How do I actually get the housing and the fan to come out of the case together? That's the one piece missing from the manual.

4 Posts

April 11th, 2014 15:00

NVM.  The tab pulls way up and you push down.  I had to take off the front control board before I was able to get my hand in there enough to pull it up as far as it needed to go.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

April 11th, 2014 12:00

There is no one size fits all for all models. Depends on which model.

The  Shroud is held in with 2 screws on one side and a hinge on the other.

You remove the screws and roll the shroud back on the hinge then lift it out.

Then you lift a tab on the FAN and slide the fan out.

4 Posts

April 11th, 2014 15:00

I'm not sure if this will help.  I don't want to pull the fan out.  I want to pull the whole housing out. I've added a picture.

There are two tabs.  The one on the left is easy to figure out.  How do I get Tab 2 (on the underside) to move and how does the house slide out?  Do I push down or pull up and slide it?

No Events found!