Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 1st, 2016 09:00

Optiplex 380 stuck at splash logo

Optiplex 380 stuck at splash logo, cant get into BIOS.

Tried the following:

- pressed F2 and F12 at boot up, system responds but then gets stuck at "Going into Setup" 

- disconnected power and CMOS battery and pressed power button for 30 seconds.

- replaced fan over heat sink as that was malfunctioning a bit.

- reseated memory and booted with only one stick then added other.

- disconnected hard drive and CD drive but system just beeps and monitor does not come on when I power up.

There are no peripherals connected to the system. I have read elsewhere that the USB ports sometimes cause this problem. How do I disconnect them to try and boot up? The front USB ports seem connected to the power button.

Seems others have had the same problem. Is this a hard drive problem? Motherboard? 

Thanks.

October 1st, 2016 15:00

Hi Juicejam

Thanks for writing to us.

When did the issue start? Was there a power surge recently?

You can log onto our support.euro.dell.com--enter service tag#--submit--manuals on how to remove the front I/O Panel.

As you have tried almost every bit of troubleshooting, the only thing we can suspect here is the motherboard.

If the system is under warranty, Please click my DELL-username and write me a private

conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name, Phone#, Address and Email). If

there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call -

http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

Regards

Hema

October 2nd, 2016 16:00

Hi, we are awaiting your response.

2 Posts

October 2nd, 2016 22:00

This PC is out of warranty. I am not based in the US any longer.

I will try to remove the I/O panel as a last resort before getting a new motherboard.

331 Posts

October 6th, 2016 16:00

Hi,

Have you tried the steps and does the issue remain the same.

Kindly get back to us, if there are any further queries.

No Events found!