Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 20th, 2013 05:00

Optiplex 755 - Boot to Recovery Partition

I have a Dell Optiplex 755 SFF desktop.  It has the Win VIsta recovery burned onto a partition.

I have lost the Windows Vista and am trying to boot to the recovery.  My options are for BIOS setup and for Boot Options, which only include CD Drive, or HD (which takes me to the Ubuntu set up I am trying to get out of).  Note, no Grub menu at Ubuntu start up.  Just straight to Ubuntu.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ian 

2 Posts

June 20th, 2013 07:00

Short answer, Yes.  Longer answer, I wiped out the Vista for a Ubuntu install and now can't get back to the Vista recovery partition to re-install.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

Hello Iangstock,

Please refer to the article on Restoring Your Computer´s Software to the Factory Settings and try the suggestions mentioned. In case it doesn't work, you would require the disks for Windows Vista from Dell.  

**Note: Please ensure to back up all the data from your computer before performing the PC Restore as it would erase everything from your computer.

If you do not have the recovery disks, you may order the disks Here (US Customers only).

Hope this helps! 

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

Hello Iangstock,

Please help me understand if you are trying to re-install Windows Vista (Factory Settings) on your computer. I would also like to know if you have the Recovery Disks. 

Awaiting your response!

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

June 20th, 2013 10:00

755's don't come with a norton recovery partition like the Consumer Dimension Series does.

With most of the recovery options installing another OS whether Windows or Not Destroys the ability to EVER recover back to factory settings.  You will need a Dell OS reinstall DVD and then Drivers.

No Events found!