Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

• 

17K Posts

October 19th, 2007 16:00

Optiplex 755 PCI Serial Port Driver ??

Dell customer care/service. If already out of warranty, click hereFind your Service Tag
DELL-Jesse L
#IWork4Dell

4 Posts

December 31st, 2008 07:00

I have a dell optiplex 755 with a pci serial port driver insisting there is no driver but I've installed all the software from Dell and went to the driver dnld page and got everything and still it shows up with a question mark on the device manager.

It is XP Pro and we are an educational institution and the generic phoine number is usually too time consuming to attempt but will as a last resort.

Please help.

Thanks

Wayne

1 Message

February 11th, 2009 11:00

I just reloaded a 755 with XP and the XP drivers are not on the driver disk for some reason.  I've loaded all the drivers from the websites and have two unknown devices, pci serial port, and pci simple communications controller.  Did you ever receive an answer on this?  I loaded the desktop system software, analog audio, then chipset and the rest of the drivers. 

1 Message

August 13th, 2009 17:00

I had the same problem at dell support was no help.......But i found it if you go to dell website and go to drivers and downloads put in required information. The drives you are looking for are under chipset and its Intel for AMT SOL/LMS and Intel for AMT HECI they should install by themselves once you download and install

1 Message

August 11th, 2010 06:00

IT Worked.....downloading the AMT SOL/LMS was the one that solved the PCI Serial Port issue....THANKS.

September 21st, 2011 10:00

Thank you this works.

1 Message

May 10th, 2012 12:00

Thanks for saving me time.  It works

1 Message

July 8th, 2012 01:00

my dell 755 did not have supporting driver with win 8 consumer view, please help in this regard

14.4K Posts

July 8th, 2012 07:00

Windows 8 is not a supported release. There will be no drivers released until the OS is Officially released. This is one of the risks one takes loading a beta OS

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

July 9th, 2012 08:00

The "PCI Serial Port Driver is not actually a Serial Port"

Its the Intel AMT HECI & AMT SOL/LMS Hardware.  

The Current Driver for this works with Windows 7, Vista, XP, 32 and 64 bit.

One Size Fits all.

Operating Systems

Windows 7 32-bit

Windows 7 64-bit

Windows Vista 32-bit

Windows Vista 64-bit

Windows XP

Windows XP x64

Chipset

ftp.us.dell.com/.../R174616.exe

AMT-HECI

ftp.us.dell.com/.../Intel_AMT-HECI_A02_R255437.exe

AMT-SOL

ftp.us.dell.com/.../Intel_AMT-SOL--LMS_A02_R255438.exe

Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) with Setup.exe File for Intel_AMT-HECI_A02_R255437.exe

Download

1.Click Download Now, to download the file.

2.When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP

users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK.  The Save In:

window appears.

3.From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to

select Desktop and click Save.  The file will download to your desktop.

4.If the Download Complete window appears, click Close.  The file

icon appears on your desktop.

Install

1.Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled Intel_AMT-HECI_A02_R255437.exe.

2.The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or

unzip to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R255437. Write down this path so the executable (I.e.

Setup.exe) file can be found later.

3.The Self-Extractor window appears.

4.Click OK.

5.After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor

window is still open, close it.

6.Click the Start button and then click Run.

7.Type C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R255437 in the Open textbox and then click OK.

8.Follow the on-screen installation instructions.           

1 Message

July 16th, 2012 16:00

thank you for your help, this worked for me.  i already had downloaded and installed these drivers, but it needed to be done again.  For whatever reason. 

1 Message

September 18th, 2012 11:00

Thanks Speedstep, your post helped me resolve this. I appreciate the time you took to provide direct links to the 3 files, it was extremely helpful.

4 Posts

October 3rd, 2012 11:00

Thank you...Dell is making things much harder these days.  I don't know who the heck is doing these driver download pages, but it use to be much simpler.

1 Message

October 4th, 2017 15:00

It work!!!!!!!!!!! Intel AMT SOL/ LMS, v.3.2.20.1049 PV, A02 https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=R255438 

No Events found!