Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 31st, 2012 18:00

Optiplex 755 only turns on through power supply button, no video output.

So I can't turn on my Optiplex 755 through the regular power button.  I have to hold the power supply test button on the back, and then press the on button.  The computer then stays on, but I don't get any video output.  No BIOS beeps or anything.  Not sure what's going on.  The service tag is

1 Message

May 8th, 2013 19:00

I have gone thru these steps on optiplex 755 and always the same sounds.  6 buzzes: 

1: 3 second buzz followed by same length pause, then

2: 3 second buzz, then immediately,

3. another 3 second buzz, then immediately,

4. another 3 second buzz, then a normal 2-3 second pause

5. another 3 second buzz, and quickly after

6. another 3 second buzz.

That sound familiar?

Any help appreciated! 

2 Posts

May 9th, 2013 22:00

ive got the same problem with HeadOnAPike, my system is optiplex 780 i have to follow your instruction until point 8 and i dont hear any beep from the motherboard, the led on the motherboard turn on and i just hear one beep. what should i do?

1 Rookie

• 

87 Posts

May 10th, 2013 04:00

That power supply sounds like its failed!  There are the 4 diagnostic lights on the front of Optiplexes - but they generally dont light when a power supply fails - do they run through sequence - i.e. they flash various combinations as the PC starts? If no lighting up then its not getting to even run the diagnostics which is usually power supply failed - but they are easy and cheap to replace.

If they do light up then whats the sequence they stop on?

The button on the power supply is a quick test button - i.e. when the PC is off press it and it should show a green light. Its only a general indicator though.

2 Posts

May 10th, 2013 05:00

i have try to replacing the new power supply, but nothing happen.. I guess the problem is between the motherboard and the io panel, but im not sure..

1 Message

December 3rd, 2013 23:00

i  will answer your question But can  we speeak  on my  facebook page please  
https://www.facebook.com/emiljano.peqini 
please I  relay  need For you help 
firs  No have any  beep  or sound /...

question  1  ... look decide how we plug ... well .. it switches directly on the screen does not display anything  and the first  light Turn on Is Orange After 1 sec Tunr in Green  
  i  dont have much time please send me a friend request on my  facebook  please I  need so much your help  i tell  you the most specific somthing i will  answer your question When you send me friend request   

1 Message

December 8th, 2013 23:00

Hi, i have a problem with my system unit " DELL OPTIPLEX 755" No Power...plzz..help..,,

Symtoms Are:

• No response from the power button (stays off)
  • Power light responds with blinking amber (orange) light

3 Posts

September 1st, 2014 12:00

when I reassembled my OptiPlex 755 at boot no boot device is detected, I have checked all connections to no avail please help

3 Posts

September 1st, 2014 12:00

when I turn my OptiPlex 755 on it will not detect any bboot device

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

September 1st, 2014 13:00

when I turn my OptiPlex 755 on it will not detect any bboot device

edjo

There are four different versions of the Optiplex 755, the Mini Tower, Desktop, Small Form Factor, or the Ultra Small Form Factor, which version do you have?

Have you tried using the troubleshooting procedures listed in the post here:

Bev.

1 Message

January 1st, 2016 19:00

when I tray to tan on my dell optiplex 755 min tower it will not show any thing on the monitor and on leds  will light up and when hold the power baton it will not shut down will just restart.

1 Message

March 23rd, 2016 20:00

go to the website of discount electronics. they sell refurbished dell parts

1 Message

August 1st, 2016 23:00

sir my computer dell optiplex 755 tower working good but power buten not work .

cmos out than computer start plz help me .

1 Message

August 2nd, 2016 08:00

I happened to me something like, finally had to use the warranty.

No Events found!