Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

June 24th, 2016 22:00

Optiplex 760- installed card reader that will not work

I have an Optiplex 760 running Windows 7 Home Premium with an Intel Pentium Dual Core processor, 4 GB RAM. I installed a working TEAC CA-200  card reader that I pulled from another system. Now, the card reader will not work. It isn't even found by the computer. Also, in Device Manager, there is a yellow question mark by PCI Serial Port and PCI Simple Communications Controller. Any help would really be appreciated, thanks!

331 Posts

June 25th, 2016 07:00

Hi starduster31,

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.

Use this link http://dell.to/28XS2oK, to install the driver for the card reader.

Kindly get back if there are any further queries.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

June 25th, 2016 11:00

PCI Serial Port and PCI Simple Communications Controller. Means none of the CHIPSET Drivers are installed.  Including INTEL Chipset and the Intel Management AMT SOL HECI drivers. The flex bay must be enabled in bios and chipset drivers installed before it will see the reader.

There is also a firmware upgrade for that specific reader.

Description Supported OS Download
Intel ME5 Host Embedded Controller Interface Driver
This package provides the Intel ME5 Host Embedded Controller Interface Driver and is supported on OptiPlex 760/980/755/780/960/780USFF that are running the following Windows Operating Systems: XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.More details
Windows 7 64-bit
Windows 8 32-bit
Windows XP
Windows 7 32-bit
Windows 8 64-bit
Intel Serial Over LAN/Local Management Service Driver
This package provides the Intel Serial Over LAN/Local Management Service Driver and is supported on OptiPlex 760/980/755/780/780USFF/960 that are running the following Windows Operating Systems: XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.More details
Windows 7 32-bit
Windows XP
Windows 7 64-bit
Windows 8 32-bit
Windows 8 64-bit
Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility
This package provides the Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility and is supported on Latitude, Optiplex and Precision models that are running the following Windows Operating Systems: XP, Vista and Windows 7.More details
Windows XP
Windows Vista 32-bit
Windows 7 64-bit
Windows Vista 64-bit
Windows 7 32-bit
Windows XP x64

Niether of these work without CHIPSET Drivers installed first.

ICON DRIVER

http://downloads.dell.com/rmsd/R190918.exe

FIRMWARE

http://downloads.dell.com/rmsd/R176603.EXE

June 26th, 2016 12:00

Okay, I installed all the chipset drivers, the card reader driver, the ICON driver and the firmware update. When I installed the firmware update, it says not for this system and cannot find the card reader. When I plug in the card reader, it says unknown device has been found, no drivers installed for this device. But the yellow exclamation marks are gone in device manager. HELP!! And thank you.

June 26th, 2016 15:00

Okay, I am so embarassed. I just popped the side off my computer, and the plug was only halfway plugged in. Instead of being fully on the plug, somehow I missed it and only one side was plugged in. It works perfectly now, I thank you for all your help.

No Events found!