Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 27th, 2014 18:00

Optiplex 9020 Behavior when power up ( I asked few month back but Now I see same thing in another new machine )

I have purchased Optiplex 9020 MT few months back and last month I get another one for my brother.

I have noticed strange behaviour ( may be it is normal) but I want to confirm what is happening when I power up from UPS/Direct connection.

It get blink DVD , HDD and Power amber light once. After that it is working fine and no issue.

Here I created video for that behaviour so It help you what I am trying to say.

www.youtube.com/watch

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

December 27th, 2014 21:00

When you turn power on at the UPS, the PC thinks it's recovering from a power failure. So it turns itself on briefly to see what it's supposed to do when recovering from a power failure.

As shown in the manual, the AC Recovery options in BIOS are:

• Power Off (default)
  • Power On 
  • Last Power State

When BIOS is set to the default, the PC turns on, sees that it's set to the default and turns off again. So that's why you see all the LEDs blink. It's perfectly normal...

If you want, you can set BIOS to Power On so as soon as you turn power on at the UPS, the PC will boot without having to press the power button.

To enter BIOS setup to make the change, reboot and press F2 before Windows starts to load.

27 Posts

December 28th, 2014 23:00

Thanks for answer. 

It is really help me to clear my confusion . I still hope that It is normal behaviour as I move to desktop recently from laptop and previously when I used desktop in 2007 at that time bios does not have such setup.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

December 29th, 2014 10:00

You're welcome.

I switch my Dell desktop off at a power strip after shutting down normally in Windows. So when I turn the power strip on, the PC's LEDs all blink and then go off because BIOS is set to the default (Off, after recovery from power failure)...behaving just like yours.

No Events found!