Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 14th, 2008 12:00

Optiplex GX620 Front Panel connector pin out diagram

Hey all, I've been given a working, but(t) ugly, GX620MT that just has a damaged case and front panel. I've already transplanted it into another non-Dell BTX case and all is good, apart from the front panel ribbon connector is obviously propriety for the 620 case front panel.

My new case has it's own front panel daughter board prewired, and all I need to know is what the pin outs for the motherboard are so I can hotwire this puppy. So far from Dell support site, I've found the internal layout diagrams over and over, but I can't find a technicians electrical diagram. How do I get this info? Thanks in advance.

Cheers and Beers

Dan

1.7K Posts

August 14th, 2008 14:00

You can make your own by finding out where each pin goes and duplicating it on the clone case. Then post it here for those that don't have that option

2 Posts

August 14th, 2008 14:00

I prob didn't make my post clear enough sorry. The front panel of the orig case was damaged, and in effect, all I got of the parts was the damaged major chassis minus the whole front section (including the old front panel daughter board) and the mother board. If I had the old PCB of the front panel, I could prob sit there and try to trace the pins to switches and leds, but all I'm left with is a ribbon cable attached to the motherboard. It's not a very helpful handful I have.
No Events found!