Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 20th, 2009 20:00

Outlet Inspiron 537 SlimTower - dead after one week???

I received a Inspiron 537 SlimTower system last week that I purchased from the Dell.com outlet center.

First of all I noticed it only displayed 3 gigs of ram (I ordered 4) - I called Dell and was told my system (32-bit) only supported 3 gigs (which I find REALLY ANNOYING - why sell me 4 if I can only use 3???).

Now for the main problem: The last few days it's been unable to wake up after it goes to sleep. I researched the issue and it seems like it's a pretty widespread issue - although I still don't have an answer/solution. Anyway, today I came home to it doing the same thing... I powered it off (power switch 10 seconds). And now when I turn it on all I hear is the fan, and the computer switching on and off constantly - with no chance to load Windows.

What do I do?!?!?

THANKS.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

August 20th, 2009 22:00

odavey  

As this is new PC, you need to contact Dell Technical Support ASAP about these problems, before your 14 day total satisfation timeframe expires, this starts from the date shown on the invoice/packing slip, not when you received the PC.

Bev. 

1.3K Posts

August 21st, 2009 02:00

odavey,

You have 21 days from the invoice date. This is a link to the return policy.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

August 21st, 2009 11:00

ctalia4000

odavey purchased the PC from Dell's outlet store, for Dell's 'Total Satisfaction' return policy, go HERE and scroll down to the last paragraph.

Bev.

No Events found!