Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 25th, 2014 11:00

Override the default Dell Audio manager?

I've bought a new computer and, after a tedious process, I figured out how to separate my headphones from my speakers on the Playback Devices list. The problem is, I need to use the Realtek HD Audio Manager. I open it (it says Realtek HD Audio Manager on the list of programs) but it opens up the Dell Audio Manager. This is such a big problem because the Dell Audio Manager doesn't have the options I need to split the headphones and speakers into two separate things. Is there any way to get the Realtek manager to override the Dell one?

459 Posts

June 25th, 2014 11:00

HI,

In the Realtek audio manager there is a setting to separate all input jacks and boost microphone.

Watch this:

Hope that helped.

June 26th, 2014 17:00

Doesn't help because I don't have that. This is what I get when I open the Realktek HD Audio Manager. It has no option to split the jacks. Could this problem be because I have Windows 8?

459 Posts

June 29th, 2014 14:00

Doesn't help because I don't have that. This is what I get when I open the Realktek HD Audio Manager. It has no option to split the jacks. Could this problem be because I have Windows 8?

I would say yes, more than likely it is the win 8 drivers limitations. I do not know this program, doe's the software Manufacturer offer any solutions??

No Events found!