Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 25th, 2004 00:00

PC doesn't recognize SB Live 5.1

My PC no longer recognizes the SB Live 5.1 card. All it sees is the Creative Game Port. I've removed the card and reinstalled it several time, but nothing. Suggestions?

78 Posts

September 25th, 2004 19:00

KEP3,

I do not know what caused you to remove the card, to reinstall it several times.

However I can assume that it was because you did not have sound.

Creative provides a User's Guide "Installation/Uninstallation" guideline that needs to be followed exactly. Whenever you attempt to uninstall drivers, or to reinstall them, it is necessary to remove ALL mention of Sound Blaster from both the Add/Remove Programs and from the Device Manager's "sound, video and game controllers" (with the REMOVE button). This is outlined in the User's Guide (as well as the Readme.txt file) that comes with the application.

If you open the "Product Support" tab at the top of this webpage, then select User's Guide, you ought to be taken to a Table of Contents for your particular Sound Blaster. Look for "Software Installation/uninstallation", and for "Installing/uninstalling drivers" (2 separate locations).

After you have followed the directions, and rebooted, the Windows Install Wizard will look for your correct drivers, and reinstall them.

The reason that your computer does not recognize your sound card is because it is most likely still listed in Device Manager, and Add/Remove.

84 Posts

September 27th, 2004 19:00

The card tain't nowhere to be found. Not in device manager, not in programs, not anywhere.

According to Creative, the SB0220 is an OEM card and they don't support it. It is a Dell proprietary card and Dell drivers download won't admit my Dimension XPS-T came with a SB Live card. Loverly.

526 Posts

September 27th, 2004 23:00

Looks like the sound blaster card must have come loose open up the tower and reseat the card then reinstall the drivers for the sound blaster
No Events found!