Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

July 12th, 2017 20:00

POOR support

Below is a facebook post I made earlier.  It describes my feelings and opinion.

Just venting. Early this month I bought a middle of the line Dell XPS tower PC. The PC itself has been fine, but I have had some issues with the relationship between the SSD (C:\) and the primary storage HDD, D:\. Initially, the computer did not recognize (see) D:\ at all. I had chatted online with Dell support a couple times and they wanted to schedule a phone call. I gave them two days lead-time, and they were to have called me between 2:00 and 4:00 this afternoon. Now, I understand that I am retired, and that my time is flexible. I do, however, have a life, and made specific plans to be at home this afternoon. No phone call at all from Dell. They couldn't even take two minutes and call to tell me they were off schedule. I am ***. If I ever buy another computer, I doubt very much it will be a DELL.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

July 13th, 2017 15:00

Open Disk Management to see all the drives on the computer. Right click on the Start button to get to Disk management. You should be able to see the 1 TB drive which might be empty now. Download something and choose the big drive--it might have a diff letter designation than D. Install some programs and make sure to change the default C drive selected to the the big drive for data. Explorer should see the drive when it has files and  programs on it. If you don't direct all Downloads and program installations to the big drive, the ssd will fill up too fast since C is always the default.  Move the Download folder to the data drive.

8 Posts

July 13th, 2017 20:00

Thank you, Mary G ---things do seem to be working out.  Yes, the SSD did get filled up - as I took delivery of the computer, it was not even recognizing, or seeing, the HDD.  Got that sorted out, and since have been trying to get all programs to store in D:\Users\Kenneth G Waugh\Documents.  Things seem to be settling down.

No Events found!