Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 10th, 2012 11:00

Parting out my c521

My father bought this from the reused pc store * that sell surplus pc from state govt,business,school that they donate it* and that this is my 2nd machine my first one died but what i hate about is a SFF which they never mention to when i was picking it up and is since is was paid by my father i stuck with it and is *very limited* with regard to upgrade it

So my only option is scrap part from it and rebuilt it to a new pc case now i want to see will it work and is does i want a small case like a HTPC or Slim MATX or something small/light because i am partially disabled and problem holding large and heavy thing on the right side of my body 

let me know

3 Apprentice

• 

710 Posts

September 10th, 2012 12:00

Hi SmokerIrish76,

If you are more comfortable with a lighter chassis that is capable of providing you with more upgrade options, you may try to do so. Please find the current chassis specifications that will help you to choose a suitable replacement:

Number of Bays
- One externally accessible 3.5-inch drive
- One externally accessible 5.25-inch drive bay
- One internally accessible bay for a 1-inch-high hard drive

Dimensions
- Height: 11.4 cm (4.5 inches)
- Width: 39.9 cm (15.7 inches)
- Depth: 35.3 cm (13.9 inches)
- Weight: 10.4 kg (23 lb)

Slots
- One low-profile PCI 2.3
- One low-profile PCI Express x16
- One low-profile PCI Express x1
Note: Low-profile PCI cards and the standard PCI cards can fit into the same connector on the motherboard.

Hope this helps. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

September 10th, 2012 13:00

You are not answering my question fully i was say with the hardware that i have in c521 i was looking for a case * as i describe*  that will fits but also small and compact like a small atx or matx

And also you want me to go case hunting do you realized * maybe not * that there are difference variation of pc cases and you are just wasting my times with nonsense !  

398 Posts

September 10th, 2012 20:00

The C521 has a micro BTX motherboard. The BTX form factor didn't catch on, so case selection is very limited.  In addition, it is likely that the front connector panel has proprietary and undocumented pinouts.

Moving the guts to a new case would be a project. You would have to modify a lot of parts and probe the pinouts to get everything to work.

September 10th, 2012 22:00

okay

what about a btx/psu swap is that possible for a SFF

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

September 10th, 2012 22:00

You're out of luck -- the mainboard has a proprietary front panel connector. Your only recourse is to work with what you have ... which brings up the question as too limited about it?

My mini-ITX has a 220-watt power supply, but it can accept a Blu-ray drive, 4tb hard drive, and 7750 low profile gaming card. That should hold true for the C521 as well.

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

May 29th, 2013 23:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with same issue or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                        

No Events found!