Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 4th, 2010 18:00

Please Help Me I am in serious help!

The problem i am facing is with my new ATi radeon 3870X2. This card was approved compatible with my dell xps 420. When the card runs crysis i get 10FPS. When i use riva tuner the statis says that both GPU's are only working at 30-50%, when it reaches 50% i get 20FPS. I dont understand shouldn't both gpu's run at 100% during gaming. Please someone out there help me.

Thanks,

Hunter

1.7K Posts

March 5th, 2010 08:00

I am not familiar with this card.  I would suggest that you call the manufacturer and see what they can tell you.  I thought you had a GTS 250.  Both cards are really about equal in performance and from what I have seen, the 3870 X2 costs a small fortune and way over priced for its performance level.  Sorry, but I am just not sure why you would get an older 3870 X2 with the cards that they have out today especially with the new Nvidia Fermi cards right around the corner.  Please tell me that you didn't spend $300 for this card and I will feel so much better.  Again, if this is indeed a new card and under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer for support since there may be a problem with the card. 

122 Posts

March 5th, 2010 13:00

Well Jmichael if it makes you feel better i actually got the card for free from dell. The card was given to me to replace the Nvidia GTS 250 i had in it. The first card they sent me was refurbished and did not work right. Then i got a new card that works great. I think the problem lies in the drivers. Since i now have windows 7, the drivers are still fairly new even for an older card. I played the game again and the card was working at 100%. I got 30 FPS!!! ON CRYSIS. HAHA i dont know how i did it, but i am hoping once ATI releases new drivers i will be able to unlock the full potential of the card. I dont know if you know what i am talking about but there is that Graphics card stress test here on the community? Well if you do my ATI radeon 3870X2 only got 345, when other cards that are lower than it did way better. Go figure.

Thanks,

Hunter 

1.7K Posts

March 5th, 2010 20:00

Now I feel better.  I am familiar with the test.  I have my GTS 250 on there which scored 660.  For some reason, it seems that most ATI cards don't score very well. 

No Events found!