Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 13th, 2010 15:00

Plz Help: Receiving Error Messages When Clicking on Harddrives.

I have a Dell Dimension E 310 and recently reinstalled the Window XP.

This is my third time reinstalling Windows XP in the past 2 years due to errors from programs installed.

I recently had to reinstall Windows XP b/c everytime I would click on a particular media player the system would slow down tremendously and would automatically reboot the system - so I thought by uninstalling the program and restoring my computer to an earlier date would resolve the issue but it didn't so unfortunately I had to back up everything and reinstall XP.

The problem I'm having now which I've never experienced before is that when I go to My Computer [which shows the harddrives on my system ] and click on the C: drive, E:drive [thumb drive] or H: drive [external mass storage for my system] I get these errors messages:

Windows cannot find "Recycler\s-19-16-100027139-100000332-100001077-8375.com" Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button and then click search.

And in order to get into those harddrives, I do just that---- go to search----click all files----and choose the harddrive that I want to get into.

I never had to do this before and was wondering how to find or download the recycler for the harddrives? I don't have internet access on this particular system but can download any necessary files needed to get this thing working correctly.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

July 13th, 2010 17:00

If you google that, you'll find a lot of people fixed this problem with "autorun eater" which you can download for free.

From the description at that link, it sounds like you got infected with some malware. :emotion-6:

Ron

No Events found!