Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

January 18th, 2015 17:00

Pops and clicks during playback (Inspiron 3847)

Does anyone else experience pops and clicks through playback on their Inspiron 3847? I cannot figure out why it keeps doing this. No matter what program I use be it iTunes, VLC, Media Player Classic, streaming youtube videos, etc. It always has some kind of weird sound distorting the actual sound. My music sounds fine on my iPhone (so it's not my headphones), but when I play it on the computer it sounds clicky. I have no other way to describe it. No idea what to do about this. System settings say realtek driver is up to date but still the pops and clicks continue. Help?!

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

January 19th, 2015 06:00

The Inspiron 3847 uses the onboard Realtek ALC3600 CG Audio Codec controller. First, update the driver, then re-test.
* Go here
* Click "High Definition Audio Codecs (Software)"
* Accept the notice
* Click Next
* Look to the right of "64bits Vista, Windows7, Windows8, Windows8.1 Driver only (Executable file)"
* Click the Global link
* The file "64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_R275.exe" will want to download. Tell it where to save the file so you can find it
* Run the file. Follow the instructions and restart the system when done
* Test the onboard audio. If still not good, consider disabling our onboard audio in the bios and installing a PCIe x1 sound card to one of the PCIe x1 slots on the motherboard

No Events found!