Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 13th, 2015 01:00

Power issue with dell optiplex 9020

Hey,
Dear i have problem with my desktop dell optiplex 9020 the problem is when i tried to power on it is not powering on but i can see that the power button is still orange but it is not powering on.

1.2K Posts

May 13th, 2015 09:00

Hi ,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum!

Here when the power button is  orange it indicates that the system is receiving power but not sufficient power to transmit it to the system's components.

However I would suggest you to try these steps and advise the result ,

*Disconnect the system from wall socket and press ,hold the power button where in we are releasing the static charge from the system ,then connect the system back to the wall socket and turn on the system .

*To confirm if the power supply unit is working fine would ask you to perform the power supply unit Built in self test where in behind the system where the power cord connects to the system you will be able to see a tiny black button with a green radial bulb next to it .When that button is pressed if the green light glows then power supply unit is working fine.

*Confirm the power button has a steady orange  light or blinking orange and also if you hear any beeps from the system .

Can you also provide your computer model ,service tag of the system (via private message) to perform model specific troubleshooting.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Have a great day ahead !

Kindest Regards,

June 16th, 2015 21:00

Please help us ,,,,  optiplex 9020 serves tag DXBN102

I have nearly same issue but no orange light coming and I confirm if the power supply unit is working fine and When that button is pressed the green light glows and power supply unit is working fine.

when i press power button no thing coming

I have two with the same model one of them not working

I have to replacement every thing inside the box

I think my problem in the main board

1.2K Posts

June 17th, 2015 07:00

Good day MUSTAFASHEHADEH  ,

Thank you for writing to us with all the troubleshooting steps performed .Based on the test results its a case of system board failure .Kindly forward system owners name ,contact no ,physical address via private message so that I can check the details after which I can arrange for service call.

Also kindly do not send the service tag of the system via public post as it users contact details , systems warranty and other info . Hoping to hear from you soon .

Kindest Regards ,

1 Message

October 21st, 2015 17:00

Jennifer, I just received my new Optiplex 9020 and it won't power on.  I used the test button on the back and the light is solid green, but I get absolutely nothing when I push the power button on the front.  Is there anything I can do to get this working?   

1.2K Posts

October 26th, 2015 09:00

Hi @Bernmeister,

Given in this situation I would ask you to confirm if you have tried to release the static charge from the system by disconnecting the system from wall socket and then keep the power button pressed for atleast 15 - 20 seconds .Then connect the system back to wall socket and power on the system, if this step fails then system board is faulty.

If there are any other issues, Kindly write to us.

Regards,

1 Message

April 28th, 2016 16:00

Hi Jennifer. I have tried these steps on my optioned 9020. It lights up and keeps making a revving noise but won't actually have having anything on the screen.

Service tag <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

Please help

1 Message

January 26th, 2017 16:00

Question. The tower will not power up. However if I hold the self test button and hit the tower power button the unit will power up. What is the most likely culprit creating this problem?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

January 27th, 2017 06:00

I have seen this where the bios is set to Fail power off.  If you clear the cmos does it power on again?

Aka set recovery from lost power to power ON not off.

The other culprit is Kung Fu finger punches of the on button break it which means the power button needs to be replaced.

1 Message

February 16th, 2017 05:00

DELL-Jennifer K,

I have a similar issue...with about 100 Optiplex 990, 9010, and 9020 USFF and Mini tower PC's set up in 8 different buildings.  One of them is a brand new building.  I have had all the buildings tested for electrical issues and there have been none found.  I keep an accurate inventory for my company so I would be happy to provide you with service tags if necessary.

Since I cannot physically be at all these branches and we are a financial institution, it is becoming a huge time waster.  

Thank you for your time,

IT_guy_Brian

No Events found!