Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

June 14th, 2001 18:00

Power surge/Uninterruptible power supply advice

Recent thunder storms have triggered re-booting of my 8100 Pentium IV. The surges were sufficient to reset the computer and telephone answering machine but not the printer. All devices are hooked up to a plug strip/surge protector. I'm thinking some form of battery backup/uninterruptible power supply may be in order. Advice on type and size will be appreciated.

June 14th, 2001 19:00

Hi,
I wouldn't do without my battery backup. I was having software corruption due to small "hickups" with the local power system and since installing the APC Back-UPS Pro no more problems.
Go here for a guide to figuring which unit that they recommend. I find that they tend to be on the upper side with their recommendations but whatever your pocket boot will afford. APC Selector

Steve

24 Posts

June 14th, 2001 19:00

Hi. I have a Dimension XPSB866, a 19" monitor and an Epson printer. I run all of these with an APC Back UPS Office. It was very inexpensive and has allowed me to shut down my apps when I was using it and the power went off. It also has fantastic free insurance coverage for any electrical damage to your system.

20 Posts

June 14th, 2001 23:00

Thank you both for your suggestions.

No Events found!