Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 4th, 2017 03:00

Precision T7500 Post Error Power Light green, lights 3 and 4 solid

I have a T7500, was working perfectly until I I upgraded the CPU`s to hex core, when I try to boot, it does not get past the error. The Power Light is solid green, and lights 3 and 4 are solid, this is not a fault code listed in the manual, and have found nothing online to help. I have removed all but 2 sticks of memory and checked the pins on the CPU riser, all seem to be fine. And system works when riser is removed. Does anyone have any clues or fixes that might help me with this. 

Many Thanks

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

May 4th, 2017 10:00

Reinstall the original cpu. www.dell.com/.../documents~dell-precision-t7500-specsheet.pdf

The spec sheet says--

Processors Intel® Xeon® 5600 series processors up to six-cores with up to 6.4GT/s (Intel QuickPath Interconnect) and up to 12MB shared cache. Turbo Mode

and HyperThreading technology on select processors. All processors are 64-bit, support Intel DBS (demand based switching) and Intel VT (Intel Virtualization Technology) Note: Intel TXT is not supported

4 Posts

October 5th, 2017 10:00

did find a solution to this issue? I have the same issue with power button green and 3 4 green, mine does eventually boot after 10-15 power cycles... I made no changes to the system... just started doing it.

No Events found!