Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 11th, 2017 12:00

Precision T7610 Update BIOS failed

Please help!

Can not update the BIOS.

The installed version of A07, A12-date with the Dell site.

Launch T7610A12.exe file and is updated and the computer automatically restarts.

However, there is no change after. Windows 8.1 system.

Tried liveDVD Win10, Hiren's Boot CD. Reset the BIOS to remove the battery. I tried all subsequent versions of the BIOS.

What else can I try?

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

February 12th, 2017 18:00

How are you running the update, from inside Windows or from a USB stick, outside of Windows? (Read the installation instructions on the page for BIOS A12 if you want to run it from a USB stick.)

Are you logged in on an account with administrator privileges?

If you're running it from inside Windows, you may need to disable your anti-viral and anti-malware apps first.

Have you tried booting in Safe Mode to run the update?

If you're using Bitlocker, pay attention to this note:

Note 1: Please make sure you suspend BitLocker encryption before updating BIOS on a BitLocker enabled system.

Keep in mind that there's always a small risk flashing BIOS will brick the motherboard. So it's only recommended to update BIOS if the update(s) fix a problem you actually have. And note that updates are cumulative so A12 should have all the enhancements that were in A08-A11, so you need to go directly to A12

10 Posts

February 13th, 2017 02:00

Thanks for your reply!

I updated to the Windows environment. I'm administrator this machine.

After your reply I revised instructions for the update and try again with an updated bios usb drive for instructions. After selecting the firmware file (T7610A12), click update bios, to continue on the question of the risk of "YES". The computer restarts instantly and there are no changes.

BitLocker  not using.

I turn off anti-virus and start the update again. Then I upload in Safe Mode and try to update.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

February 13th, 2017 09:00

So you still haven't been able to update BIOS?

to continue on the question of the risk of "YES".

If "yes" doesn't work, what happens if you answer "no" to that question?

I'll ping my Dell tech contacts...

10 Posts

February 13th, 2017 10:00

Theoretically, if you click "No", he must cancel the upgrade. Tomorrow I will do the photo process with all the questions.

I tried to disable antivirus software. The result is the same.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

February 13th, 2017 10:00

But since "yes" just makes it reboot without updating BIOS, I was wondering if "no" might have the correct effect here...

10 Posts

February 13th, 2017 11:00

Sorry, the server does not accept the captcha. I had a photo to insert links.

http://uploads.ru/giy4N.jpg

http://uploads.ru/gRKbL.jpg

http://uploads.ru/mANzp.jpg

http://uploads.ru/IuYqS.jpg

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

February 13th, 2017 12:00

You cant jump that far you will need to install A08 A09 A10 possibly A11 before A12 works.  Running the program MUST BE DONE AS ADMINSTRATOR.

Description Version Download
Dell Precision Workstation T7610 System BIOS
This package provides the Dell System BIOS update and is supported on Dell Precision T7610 for Windows and DOS Operating Systems.More details
A12
This package provides the Dell System BIOS update and is supported on Dell Precision T7610 for Windows and DOS Operating Systems.More details
A11
A10
A09
A08

10 Posts

February 13th, 2017 21:00

I tried to update the BIOS of the flash drive. Version A08, A09. Update failed.

I tried different options. Maybe somewhere there is a switch on the motherboard bios protection from change?

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

February 14th, 2017 10:00

Did you ever remove the jumper on the motherboard to clear the System and Setup password? It needs to be set on PSWD.

The password jumper is #23 in the motherboard diagram on page 48 of the manual. And be sure to read the info about that jumper starting on page 62

(BTW: We're all having problems with reCaptcha lately, and forum staff has been notified.)

10 Posts

February 15th, 2017 23:00

Earlier, I did not set a password and did not remove the jumper. Who tried to set a password, I tried to update the bios with the stick. I tried to reset all bios and then upgrade. Did not work out.

The problem is that the E5-2670 CPU temperature is heated to 83 degrees. I think that is a lot. Setting the fan is set to "auto".

Fan Control Program dell environment in windows I have not found. They say in new versions of bios to fix it.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

February 17th, 2017 10:00

Have you disconnected all peripherals from the PC, except mouse, monitor and keyboard?

Are mouse and keyboard connected to rear USB ports on the PC?

Do you have access to another T7610 where you can try to update BIOS?

No Events found!