Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

June 21st, 2007 12:00

Problem-Blank monitor screen, fan's running loudly, no computer response

My mother-inlaw has a Deminsion 1100. The monitor is on with a orange light, the fan's running loudly and when she hit the contrast button on the monitor it said on the screen the computer was in Powersave mode..to hit abutton or move the mouse, whens he does that nothing happens. Tried control,alt delete to reboot and nothing happens. Tried to turn it off with the power button, nothing....only went off when she pulled the plug from the wall.
Help! I would be in your debt for helping!:womanwink:

1.8K Posts

June 21st, 2007 14:00

Generally, you have to depress and hold the Power button for 5-7 seconds in order for the shutdown to occur. What are the 4 (A,B,C,D) diagnostic lights showing on the back of the tower? Do you experience any beep codes on startup? What operating system is running on the Dimension, WinXP?

June 21st, 2007 15:00

There is no beeping, and I think it is windows xp, she says that theres only one light lit up, it's flashing orange/yellow and it's next to the navy blue cord on the machine, thats connected to the modem.

1.8K Posts

June 21st, 2007 17:00

Follow the provided link to determine the location of the diagnostic lights on your system?

What is the power indication status of the power button itself? Is it steady green, steady amber, flashing green or amber?

Including chart for details of diagnostic light sequences and what they mean:

No Events found!