Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 5th, 2013 18:00

Problem using backup software supposedly due to dynamic drives present in the PC

I have a new Dell Inspiron with Win 8.1 installed. I have a Seagate NAS110 network drive using their Black Armor software. I have successfully used this software with all of my previous PCs. However, now, when I try to run Black Armor it displays the following: Black Armor does not support Windows dynamic disks or EZ drives. I'm not aware that the PC has either of these. In fact, the Dell system info shows the hard disk as a Basic disk. I contacted Seagate and their reply was: "The software will not work with GPT partitions. If you have a larger internal drive it is most likely in a GPT partition. If this the case you will not be able to use the Black Armor software." What is this supposed to mean? Is this drive using a GPT partition? Is there something in the Dell hardware that is preventing Black Armor from working? I like the software and would like to get it working. Can someone help with this issue? Thanks.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

November 6th, 2013 10:00

A 1 TB drive likely has GPT partitions so....  :emotion-6:

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

November 5th, 2013 18:00

What size is your hard drive?  If it's large, you probably have GPT partitions on the hard drive. Older versions of Windows used MBR partitions.

So it sounds like Black Armor software won't work with GPT partitions and you're out of luck unless they update it, or release some new software package to support GPT.

3 Posts

November 6th, 2013 05:00

The drive is 1 TB.

Thanks for the quick reply.

No Events found!