Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 21st, 2015 20:00

Random blackout with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Hi, first post here. I am having some problem with my Alienware x51 on or after playing some heavy game my screen goes black out, like completely out of sync. I have to force reset the computer every time this happen. First I thought its my HDMI cable because I am using my TV as my monitor, so I bought a PC monitor and the same problem occurs. My system is out of warranty because I bought this early 2012. Any help would be appreciated.

780 Posts

June 23rd, 2015 09:00

Hi,

Thank you for reaching us.

Did you try updating the graphics driver? Does this issue occur only during heavy graphics usage or even during normal usage?

Try updating the chipset driver and BIOS from www.dell.com/support , You may also update the graphics driver from the same link or from  www.nvidia.com ..

Thank you

2 Posts

June 23rd, 2015 12:00

Hi and thank you for that reply. My current video card driver is version nvidia GTX driver  9.18.13.4752 driver date 2/05/2015 ( as seen from the control panel > display adapter) and my bios that I am using is Alienware A12, 1/18,2003, SMB Bios  version 2.7 ( from msinfo32.exe).

It randomly occurs while playing and/or after playing heavy graphic games, but on surfing the net it works fine.

780 Posts

June 24th, 2015 07:00

Hi,

The Video driver version you mentioned, Is it after the driver update or the current version that's on the machine?

It is most likely to be an issue with the graphics card as you made it clear the PC works fine during normal usage.

Thank you

No Events found!