Highlighted
TheSpeedkarter
1 Nickel

Random screen cut off?

I have a Inspiron 660 and I have no video card in it and the screen cuts off and the screens say that they are "displaying something". It does not say no connection and there is no a reason of what I can think that I did to cause it. I have a dual monitor with HDMI and VGA. Its not just those screens because I sometimes use a TV with HDMI. Then I have have to do a hard power off. What can I do to make it where there are no random cut offs?

0 Kudos
16 Replies
7 Plutonium

RE: Random screen cut off?

Hi Thespeedkarter,

Please try updating your graphics driver, which can be downloaded from this page.

0 Kudos
TheSpeedkarter
1 Nickel

I tried downloading this and it said that my computer does not meet the minimum requirements to be able to download this.

0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

I don't understand. You can't download the file? Or you cannot install it?

0 Kudos
TheSpeedkarter
1 Nickel

0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

So you have downloaded the file but it does not install correctly. I may have incorrectly assumed you had integrated graphics. Please check device manager for the the model of the video card installed in your desktop.

0 Kudos
kirkd
5 Rhenium

This driver is for Win 7. What OS do you have?

The Driver for Win 8 is 10.18.10.3262_A00.EXE. See here:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/servicetag/F8V2QW1/drivers?detect=y&s=DHS

XPS M1530, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Inspiron E1705, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Dimension 9100, Win 10 AU Pro 32 bit
Inspiron 660, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Inspiron 3668, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Asus T100 Tablet, Windows 10 CU 32 bit

0 Kudos
TheSpeedkarter
1 Nickel

I have windows 10 preview. I don't know if this will mess anything up. But I think what you want is under display adapters and that is "Intel(R) HD Graphics".

0 Kudos
kirkd
5 Rhenium

It would have been easier if you had told us you had Windows 10 in your first post. You are stuck with the video driver Microsoft has included in the Win 10 Preview. A Win 10 driver for Intel integrated graphics is not available. 

XPS M1530, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Inspiron E1705, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Dimension 9100, Win 10 AU Pro 32 bit
Inspiron 660, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Inspiron 3668, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Asus T100 Tablet, Windows 10 CU 32 bit

0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

What build of Win 10 TP do you have? If you don't already have it, try updating to build 10049.

Win 10 TP has had countless / endless video driver issues. Been there done that...

If you only have onboard Intel graphics, go to the Intel site and let it scan your system for a suitable video driver. Chances are it will offer you a Win 8.1.1 driver.

Not sure which Intel graphics you have but the Win 8.1.1. driver offered to me by the Intel site works ok with onboard Intel HD 4000 graphics in my Dell laptop. The driver that was installed automatically by build 10049 didn't work properly.

Drivers for add-in AMD video cards are still a problem for Win 10 TP, even with the latest build.

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos