Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 26th, 2011 03:00

Rear speakers on MMS5650 not working.

Hi,

Bit of a mystery this and really hope somebody may be able to shed some light as to why the rear speakers no longer work.

I did change to another DELL 5000 Dimension after the original machine hard disk crashed .

The Sound system now only plays through the woofer and front speakers on my new machine (well 2nd hand) . I have read many posts and fiddled the sound settings etc but to no avail.

While testing in order to isolate the system I plugged the green lead into my IPOD and also my Television and again sound came through but nothing in the rear two again ?? 

Please help ...many thanks,

Richy

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 26th, 2011 04:00

These are a 5.1 surround sound speaker system and require three connections to the PC's sound output.  Do you have all three connected?   Also, do you have 5.1 speakers selected, rather than stereo or some other speaker configuration?

2 Posts

May 26th, 2011 07:00

Hi Fireberd

Many thanks for that - I have just come back online having decided to reloaded the Sound Blaster CD and hey presto it works now.!!! I did notice the creative version on the new machine can't have been so good as I was unable to adjust speaker settings - but can now.!!! thanks again.    

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 26th, 2011 08:00

Thanks for the feedback and that it's working.

No Events found!